Thursday, April 19, 2007

the pearler

This morning, I woke up, put on the coffee, and sat down at the computer, per the usual morning routine. Much to my delight, I learned quickly that one of my recent additions to the shop sold! It's not so much the sale that delights me, though that is exciting and wonderful, it's the idea that these things that I've seen with my own eyes have connected with someone's heart. Here she is, a pearl seller I photographed in Hainan, China last December:



I'm really looking forward to the weekend. I plan on completing my Treasure Map, assembling some Buddha Belly cards, and printing more iron-ons on Saturday, updating the bamboovillage.org site with the recent totals (hint, we've now surpassed $200!) and then doing some sewing! Yes, you heard me right... I've got some beautiful Asian patterned delights in mind. I should be ready for an update of new items on the Press come the beginning of May. New etched glass, more China photos, a fresh illustration from Laurie, and what a beautiful thing this is: a whole new section for Guest Artists. I'm terribly excited about this!

No comments: