Sunday, July 8, 2007

How do YOU say Massasoit?

I grew up on Cape Cod, where it's a dilemma for every child learning to read how to pronounce (or spell, as the case may be) the multitude of Wampanoag words in the area. For example, I grew up on Cotuit Road... pronounced ka-too-it. This weekend, I took a road trip up to the Cape, where my brother and his girlfriend were visiting. We endured the rain and low temps until Friday, when we went to Martha's Vineyard and enjoyed beautiful weather and fun times...




My sister (the mind behind Two Plus Yarn Equals Love, Knit Kit, and other illustrated lovelies), brother aka DJ Ender, and his sweetie - the two of them live in Albuquerque.








"Gingerbread houses" in Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard















preety flowers in a flowerbox
















oak bluffs beach.


finally, I was commissioned to make a nice drinkware set, ever challenging to photograph:











ps: Massasoit = mass-a-soy-it. ;o)

2 comments:

Knittah said...

Can you make that rocky beach shot into a card?

noricum said...

Great photos! I love the gingerbread houses, and that rocky beach is so colourful!