Friday, April 17, 2009

Maternity Leave

Hello! Nimen Hao! It's been months on top of months since I've posted anything here, but I wanted to brush off the old Bamboo Village blog, because I'm getting ready to come out of my maternity leave!

I've been feeling rather disconnected from my former home in Sichuan, so it was very welcome this week that the team from NPR headed back to Chengdu. They've taken up blogging about their trip again, and you can read their Chengdu Diary here. I am very interested to follow their reports of how my dear Sichuanese are faring one year after the big earthquake.

I'm not even sure if I will have any readers here anymore, but I'm going to try to start posting as much as I can. As you may or may not know, my status has changed since I last wrote: I'm now the proud and astonished mama to twin boys. They were born on the most auspicious of days: 8/8/08, and this month they are 8 months old. I figure a little Chinese luck would do me good as I venture out of the realm of Stay at Home mom and into that of Work From Home Mom. The focus of my writing here will probaby take on this theme as I pick up the pieces of this business and get it going again.

Requests, ideas, feedback, advice - it's all welcome! Talk to you soon!!

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Wow, how life changes for each of us !

I can't believe you've been through a pregnancy and had twin boys since we last chatted !

I was thinking of you this week as I finished another pair of socks from the wool that I bought from your shop. Another pair for hubby this time....the black yarn, with a stripe of tan added and tan heels. He loves the conservative colors !

Oh, I'm just so tickled for you......you have such a loving heart, I know those boys are blessed to have you for a mom !