Wednesday, July 9, 2008

child labor

Today on The World, there was a segment discussing child labor. Specifically, they were talking about exactly the issue that we're trying to deal with at Bamboo Village Educational Fund: children dropping out of school in their early teens to become migrant workers. Click here to read the transcript from today's broadcast. You can also check out their photo stream here.

This also prompts me to stop procrastinating and let you know that Zhang Lin has been accounted for! Daniel just returned from China on Sunday.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

After having seen you on etsy, this is the first day I realized you had a blog and that you were focused on social activism. Thank you. My husband and I are NPR members of both local stations here in Boston. They are our primary news sources. Thank you for bringing to my attention these particular stories.