Monday, November 16, 2009

a rose by any other name

Last week, the lovely Mei Gui Designs featured my "love" notebook in her gray-themed treasury. It's always so sweet to get a little note in my Etsy conversations letting me know that one of my items has been picked for a Treasury. It's a great way to discover new artists and get to know other Etsians.

Meigui is the Chinese word for "rose" so I knew right away that we'd have this - interest in China - in common. Then I discovered her shop - wow! - what a great collection of jewelry. Her prices are a total steal for such lovely pieces.

Julie is the brains behind Meigui Designs, and is mama to two daughters adopted from China. Maybe one day it will be my turn to adopt from the country that has meant so much to me, but for now, I'm just so moved by the families that have pursued adoption. Way back many lifetimes ago, I lived and worked at an orphanage in the Amazon region of Brazil, and those children made such a cellular impression on me. Would that every single child in this world would have a family to call their own. What a crime that this is not the case.

I will definitely be supporting MeiGui Designs. I particularly like these October Again earrings:

Thanks, Julie - so nice to meet you and discover your shop!

No comments: